"avoid PROCRASTINATION..."
Tuesday, March 29, 2005

On my way back to my room after my literature class, I noticed that a new edition of Nanyang Chronicle was already out so I grabbed one copy and rushed back home. With a bland cappuccino on one hand, and my mp3 player hanging on my neck, I browsed through the paper as I continue my journey back...

Headline: Minester urges youths to tackle issues... hmmm, interesting. More news: PEARLS gone after two years... what the hell is PEARLS?...Fiesta Style open house... so this is how they define fiesta style, great!... more news, crappy stories, and gosh, they call these opinions??? Seriously guys. And you're communications students for god sakes... But the true horror came when I reached the "paper back"... No, it was not because of the advertisement from a business card maker... it was my HOROSCOPE... neee... ok it was a really over the top intro but my horoscope is abnormally and shockingly true.

VIRGO Aug 23- Sep 22

Face life bravely and look beyond personal gains.
Friends who are not so friendly may drift away,
and you could find yourself standing alone
in the pursuit of your destiny.
Put in more effort and avoid procrastination.


Well, I don't really believe in horoscopes. But sometimes they just work. Maybe this is a wake up call to me to finally change some of my perceptions towards some things that I am currently dealing with. Things not happen by chance, and as crappy as it may sound, I'm glad that I grabbed that copy. On this note, that I will end this entry and start doing real work. But maybe another game of starcraft won't hurt...


iFLEW @
6:29 PM | 3 comments <

3 Comments:

you won't know a crappy story if you saw one. perhaps you should start reading the daily papers as well to keep in touch with current events.

if you don't know what is PEARLS, read the story.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Mar 30, 12:04:00 AM  

dont't even tell me about keeping in touch with current events... for one thing i came from a place where the press is not as crappy as what you have... even high school papers are even better than yours... I know what I'm saying and perhaps you should check what you are writing...

By Blogger busted_crook, at Wed Mar 30, 01:14:00 AM  

and in case u haven't noticed, i said i was browsing through it... hello? browsing? so that means scanning the insides of the paper, probably reading just the headlines...

By Blogger busted_crook, at Wed Mar 30, 01:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment



mike
20
singapore
big time slacker
the eagle cries

+++++

Crazy For You
Michael

+++

tagg

links

past

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com